25 March 2013

Fasting and My Health

Typically, when we get to Lent, I give up something for the season. I do this so that I can meditate on God through the 6 weeks. This year, I gave up meat and caffeine. I've been pretty disciplined with it, breaking the fast only on Sundays, and when we were at a church leadership conference. However, I'm considering taking the meatless thing past Easter.

I have an appointment with the cardiologist at the end of April. I'm thinking that if I want the health that I need, I have to be more proactive with this. I would like to get to a point where the drugs I take, could be diminished or eliminated. I doubt that it would happen during this check, but it would be great if by my next check that I could lower the amounts of my meds. Here's to what God has been teaching me...

1 comment:

Tom said...

Good for you Jeff. You've got the right attitude. Keep it up.