26 February 2013

Why I thought the NCAA was wrong

I was saddened by the news at Penn State 2 years ago. I couldn't believe some of the things that came out of it. However, when the NCAA put down the sanctions, I thought, "What? They take care of athletic infractions."  So when I saw this article I thought someone is finally pointing out the NCAA overstepping its bounds.

“The roots of this litigation lie not in an NCAA rule violation, or any activity that jeopardized competitive fairness, but rather in the criminal conduct by Gerald Sandusky, a former assistant football coach. The NCAA did not investigate PSU’s conduct, but instead relied on a report commissioned by PSU to investigate the Sandusky Offenses (the “Freeh Report”),” the filing states.

Read the whole thing.

http://onwardstate.com/2013/02/26/corbett-calls-out-the-ncaa-on-factual-errors/

No comments: