07 December 2004

My first Sunday at Mary's Church

My first Sunday at Mary's church(GCC) worked out pretty much as planned. I got to her place about 845 am and we (Mary, Karlie Mary's youngest, and myself) drove up to her church for their first service at 900 am. We started out with some praise and worship for about 15 or 20 minutes and then celebrated communion and the offering. By the time Pastor Scheer began to preach, it was almost time to go so that I could make it to get with the choir for our 1030 am service. I felt bad that we had to leave early. He was preaching on recreation and taking the time to rest in God. This is important to me, because I do have a tendency to overschedule. Mary has stressed to me that we don't have to try to spend all of our free time together if I'm going to get stressed out because I overscheduled (Have I said that I love this woman?).

We then went to FUMC and things went well there. Rev. Naile has been preaching on preparing for Christ, since we are in Advent season. A good sermon. I have the notes I took on my Dell PDA.

Later in the day, Mary had a short run through for a scene in GCC's play that they are doing (the original version of Scrooge). While we were there, we saw Pastor Steve. I wanted to apologize for leaving early and explain to him what the two of us are doing. The thing that came was that he said that this Sunday he would be announcing a new schedule for the first service. Very cool, because if it is moved back even a half hour that would make the whole issue of leaving early a moot point. So we are waiting to see what the new schedule will be. Of course the two of us mentioned to each other how this is a God thing and how we took this as confirmation that we are on the right track with our vetting each other.

2 comments:

Mary Lutz said...

Yeah, you mentioned it (that you love me:)
And I am still in awe over how God is working all of this out! It's going to be exciting to see how he's going to use us in the future!!!!

Brendon said...

So, you scooted out of church #1, where you were listening to a sermon on resting in God, so that you could make it in time for choir in church #2? A bit ironic, eh? :-)

Glad to hear that church #1 is accomodating your schedule, though!