09 December 2004

YM - There have been times that I have felt like this

Sometimes we all feel like this, but youth pastors can especially get hit with this. This is kind of related to what I was saying that Pastor Steve, at Mary's church, was preaching on. Although, this has more to do with God dropping you little notes that you are heading in the right direction. I remember a few times, when after teaching the 7&8th grade class in Sunday school, or when I just didn't feel that connected to the Senior High Youth group, asking myself if I was cut out for working in youth ministry. Then a kid or one of the parents would say something, like the note that this youth pastor got from one of his kids, and I would realize that I was on the right track. The momentary frustrations are worth it.

1 comment:

Mary Lutz said...

That's cool! I too have felt unappreciated at times, then God does something cool, because he knows just what we need when we need it!!!